EveryoneCounts is a marketplace where you can sell your handmade goods, vintage items, and craft supplies directly to buyers around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on EveryoneCounts. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
1. Selling Basics
Keeping in mind these basic requirements will set you up for success on EveryoneCounts.
A. What can be sold on EveryoneCounts
EveryoneCounts seeks to promote a joyful and abundant life for all members. As such we focus on items that lead to such results. Items such as self-help books, courses, events, consulting, and goods related to such books, courses, and events are permitted. Note that you must be the original copyright holder of such items or be authorized by the copyright holder to sell such items.
B. What Can’t be Sold on EveryoneCounts
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items and subjects and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on EveryoneCounts.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for EveryoneCounts’ review. EveryoneCounts may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. EveryoneCounts may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your EveryoneCounts statement. You can find more information in our Fees & Payments Policy.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent.
C. Managing your EveryoneCounts Shop
Your shop represents you and your business to the EveryoneCounts community. It’s important that you, your items and your shop are honestly and accurately represented.
By selling on EveryoneCounts, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information.
- Honor your shop policies.
- Ensure your shop content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your shop or your listings, abide by EveryoneCounts’ policies, including our Community Policy.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to EveryoneCounts.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing EveryoneCounts’ policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
D. Seller Standards
By listing a product for sale on EveryoneCounts you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. EveryoneCounts assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labeling, or content of your listings.
Meeting Service Standards
By selling on EveryoneCounts, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. Read more in our Shipping Policy.
- Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, EveryoneCounts can help through our case system. Read about your rights and responsibilities regarding cases here.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
E. Selling Fees
Sellers may be charged for using some of EveryoneCounts’ services. There are fees associated with listing, selling, advertising, and certain other EveryoneCounts products and features. You can find information on fees in the Fees and Payments Policy.
2. Being a Member of the EveryoneCounts Community
As a seller you have additional responsibilities listed below.
A. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of EveryoneCounts, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
B. Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
In particular, when you sell using our Services, you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services. For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources at https://gdpr-info.eu and http://gdprandyou.ie.
As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honor requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorized disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for EveryoneCounts-related communications or for EveryoneCounts-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable EveryoneCounts policies and laws, you may not add any EveryoneCounts member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you’re responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance. If EveryoneCounts and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if EveryoneCounts is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify EveryoneCounts for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
C. Communication Standards
When sending messages using EveryoneCounts, you have the ability to communicate directly with your buyers or other EveryoneCounts members. Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Community Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on EveryoneCounts. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via EveryoneCounts Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as “click fraud.”
- Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously upvote another shop’s negative reviews in order to position those reviews more prominently.
Harassment Any use of EveryoneCounts Messages to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Community Policy. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Forums are public spaces provided by EveryoneCounts where members can connect provided they adhere to our communication standards. More information can be found in the EveryoneCounts Community Policy.
iii. Communicating Cancellations
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer and cancel the transaction. If the buyer has already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
European Union Right of Withdrawal Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. The right of withdrawal may not apply to certain items like custom items or perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital items vary by EU member state.
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding shipping, cancellations, returns, and exchanges. Please familiarize yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
3. Feedback, Disputes and Your Success
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on EveryoneCounts. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of their purchase. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Violate our Community Policy;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, EveryoneCounts or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
C. EveryoneCounts’ Case System
The Case system is how order disputes are resolved at EveryoneCounts. We ask buyers to contact sellers directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on EveryoneCounts. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Messages from your buyers. However, sometimes a case may be necessary, and EveryoneCounts will work with you and the buyer to resolve it as quickly as possible. You can read more about our case system here.
D. Your Seller Account and EveryoneCounts’ Terms
To keep EveryoneCounts safe and improve our Services, we may take actions that limit the visibility of your listings or impact your payment account. In the event a shop sees unusual order activity, or we otherwise believe that your actions or shop may result in buyer disputes, chargebacks, increased risk of fraud, counterfeiting, or other claims, EveryoneCounts may take actions such as limiting visibility of your account, or placing restrictions or reserves on your payments account, in accordance with our Terms of Service, including this Policy and our EveryoneCounts Payments Policy. When appropriate and permitted by law, EveryoneCounts will communicate information to the affected seller about the issue.
In addition, we may limit the visibility of listings in the interest of keeping EveryoneCounts safe, and improving our Services. For example, listings may have decreased visibility because they include terms that represent a prohibited item or based on third party policies. These listings may also be restricted from appearing in one or more features of the EveryoneCounts Services. While these listings may have limited visibility, they are still discoverable.
If EveryoneCounts has reason to believe you, Your Content, or your use of the Services violate our Terms, including this Seller Policy, we may deactivate Your Content or suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts EveryoneCounts determines is related to your account) and your access to the Services. Generally, EveryoneCounts will notify you that Your Content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.
Last updated on August 23, 2021